Puréed Butternut Squash with Sage and Parmesan
Yield: 2-4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hour
1 small butternut squash
1 Tbsp butter, melted
2 oz. crème fraiche
2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
4 – 5 fresh sage leaves
Salt and Pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the butternut squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
3. Rub the insides with melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
4. On a foil or parchment lined sheet pan, lay the squash cut side down and tuck a few sage leaves into the cavity of each squash.
5. Place the squash in the oven and roast until it is very soft and fork tender, about 35 – 40 minutes. Remove the squash from the oven and set aside until it has cooled enough to handle.
6. Scoop out the flesh and place in a food processor with the crème fraiche, half the Parmesan cheese and blend until silky smooth. Add salt and pepper as needed.
7. Fill deep serving or baking dishes with the mixture and sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese. Bake until golden brown and warm throughout, about 15 minutes.
8. Serve warm.