Bottles is challenging you to drink wine. Sounds awesome, right? If your hand gravitates toward the same bottle of wine each time you shop, well, here’s a chance to try something new. To help you out, the wine pros at Bottles have created of list of under $20 wines at our shop, representing the major types of wines, the Noble Grapes. Make it through this list and you’ll learn how each major varietal tastes, and try wines you might have never considered before.
What is a noble grape? It is an international grape variety that you’ll find in almost all major wine producing regions. Inspired by Wine Folly’s 18 Noble Grapes Wine Challenge, we’ve chosen a great value, quality wine for each major grape. Wine Folly is a website and blog dedicated to helping you learn about wine. Check out their article, “The 18 Noble Grapes Wine Challenge,” to more read about the characteristics of each noble grape.
Now, go exploring!
- Nebbiolo: Guidobono Langhe Nebbiolo 14.99
- Sangiovese: Tenuta di Gracciano, Rosso di Montepulciano 17.99
- Grenache: Borsao Garnacha Tinto 10.99
- Pinot Noir: Underwood Oregon Pinot Noir 13.99
- Tempranillo: Flaco Tempranillo 8.99
- Merlot: Charles Smith ‘The Velvet Devil’ Washington13.99
- Syrah: Morse Code South Australia Shiraz 12.99
- Malbec: Punto Final Malbec Mendoza Argentina 13.99
- Cabernet Sauvignon: Five Rows ‘Durant Ranch Vineyard’ California 13.99
- Semillon: Clos Des Lunes ‘Lunes Blanche’ Bordeaux Blanc 19.99
- Chenin Blanc: Indaba, Western Cape South Africa 9.99
- Moscato: Vietti Moscato D’Asti, Piedmont Italy 16.99
- Viognier: Le Paradou, Languedoc France 15.99
- Chardonnay: Bichot Macon-Villages, Burgundy France 12.99
- Riesling: Ravines Dry Riesling Finger Lakes NY 17.99
- Gewurztraminer: Foris ‘Dry’ Gewurztraminer, Rogue Valley Oregon 15.99
- Sauvignon Blanc: Babich Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough New Zealand 13.99
- Pinot Grigio: Traviata Primorska, Slovenia 11.99
Bottles – 141 Pitman St., Providence, RI